Monday, June 1, 2009

He who has overcome his fears, will be free, truly!

'Hey, I see Nigel's still got that weak swim bladder? Hey Nigel, straighten up and swim right!'

A fearless man can be truly free .......... or at least very cheap! Also, a man without fear is a very dangerous crossing guard! A person no man can follow! .......... or maybe from a safe distance, just out of curiousity.

It's like watching skateboarders doing 'stunts', it's just a matter of time before they crash and fall. I hope you kids know what to do in an emergency.

People always tell me the first step in an emergency is 'Don't Panic!' but my training in the Coatbridge Emergency Response centre was that the first step is to 'Stop Laughing!' The second step is to give the victim a dime and tell him to call someone who cares! Its a simple procedure but has worked well for me.

Fear is life's way of saying, this thing is bigger than I am. I would be foolish to fight it today, without help. Remember, he who fears and runs away, can also fear another day!



Question? Now that I have taught my pet squid to fly (see attached picture of El Cid the flying stunt squid), I am looking at training my very energetic tropical fish called Hypa, to speed swim.

Would it be possible to exercise him by filling my plastic hamster ball with water (or energy drink), putting Hypa in it and letting it roll around the living room?

Surely, even if the ball was rolling, gravity dictates that Hypa would remain upright at all times, riding the wave, dood.

I would also like to hear from others who would be interested in arranging a competition and from sponsors willing to support us.

I have a similar question about my parrot and a large Helium filled balloon, which I will leave for another day. For now, I am waiting for my parrot's voice to return from the hypersonic world of bats, so he can tell me exactly what he thought of this experience.

Make a note, Parrots may be smart and well dressed but they are bad mimes, which is probably why they don't live in France!

No comments: